VNA of Northwest PA
1223 East Main Street
Bradford, PA 16701
- (814) 362-7466
- Map & Directions
Services: Skilled Nursing Services in the Home
Call on the VNA for skilled nursing services in the home, and you will work with a pioneer and innovator in the field. We offer an incredible range of services, all provided under a plan of care established and monitored by the patient’s physician.
Our experienced home health RNs assess and care for patients of all ages and conditions. Services include:
- Patient observation and assessment.
- Patient and family teaching.
- Administration of medications.
- Wound care.
- Tracheotomies, gastrostomy tubes and foley catheters.
- Other treatments as ordered.
- Specialty teams in infusion therapy, mental health, obstetrics, as well as a dedicated pediatric team.
Disease Management and Clinical Path Implementation
- Programs focused on education, nutrition, patient compliance, and communication.
- Help to control the disease process and maximize wellness.
- Template of care can be modified based on individual patient needs.
- Clinical paths include diabetes, congestive heart failure, pneumonia, DVT, asthma, COPD, and IDDM.
- PTs assess the rehabilitation needs of patients and establish realistic goals toward recovering function.
- Services provided in the home include therapeutic exercise, gait training, range of motion and other modalities.
- Pediatric therapists are available for the special needs of the child and the family.
- Our therapists assess the patient’s ability to carry out activities of daily living and develop treatment plans.
- Therapies include training in feeding, dressing, balance, assistive devices and other interventions.
- We offer treatment for speech, language, communication disabilities and swallowing disorders
- Services are implemented in the home.
Medical Social Work
- MSWs assess and attempt to improve the patient’s emotional adjustment by counseling, referral to community agencies, helping with finances, and other matters.
- Dietary consultation is available.
IV Therapy Nursing
Patients and families can count on the VNA's outstanding team of IV nurses, offering unequaled clinical and personal service in home care.Clinical Monitoring
- Work with home pharmacy pharmacists who monitor patient drug therapies, reviewing medication profiles, laboratory results and nursing reports.
- Pharmacists communicate with physicians as appropriate to ensure proper dosing.
- We have a team of Registered Nurses trained to provide Infusion Therapy.
- Infusion nurses work with pharmacists to administer antibiotics, chemotherapy, steroids, IVIG, hydration, TPN and a variety of other home infusion therapies.
Get the VNA Advantage
- The innovator in skilled nursing for the home.
- A full range of skilled nursing services.
- Experienced RNs and other medical professionals.
- We work with hundreds of physicians for development of individualized patient care plans.